Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

My 2004 Pacifica when car is on every thing is fine when I

Customer Question
turn car off immediately first...
my 2004 Pacifica when car is on every thing is fine when I turn car off immediately first check engine light comes on then transmission gear indicator shows letters ( PRND 8 auto stick ) and after 10 second traction light, ABS light and emergency break light coming on my remote key wont work, I can't open my lift gate, buy turning car on every think back to normal and car works perfect. any suggestion?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Chrysler
9/4/2016
Chrysler Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In order to be able to determine what is causing the problem you are having the first thing you are going to need to do is to scan the computer system to see what the fault code and or codes are that should be setting when the check engine light come on. You can get this scan done at your local parts store such as Auto Zone at no charge. If you can get this done and post back with the results I will help you determine the cause. Post back when your ready and we can work from there.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
there is no code because when you turn the car on there is no check engine light

If the check engine light is coming on then the computer should set and store a fault code and or codes. Can you at least scan it to check?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
As I said, when I turn the car off all the lights come on and by turning it on, the lights gone and car works perfect. Car had remote starter which I removed, but even when it had remote starter, it did the same thing.
I think there must be two things wrong: Either ignition switch does not work right, or BCM. I am planning to buy a used ignition switch with a key from LKQ, or replacing BCM. What is your suggestion to do first? And if I do either of these thing, do I need programming. It would be great if you tell me what are options and what I need to do first.

Programming will be required but I would still have a scan performed to see if the BCM is setting any fault codes before I considered replacing any parts. I need something to go on as the symptoms are not enough to do any thing but guess.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Because of all the lights on the cluster I have to disconnect the battery any time I turn the car off otherwise battery doesn't last long and I did scan the car before it give me code P0456, P0455 ... and all the code regarding evap. I'm not a mechanic but I am good with tools, my question is if I replace the BCM what kind off computer I should look for, what kind off programming I need, and how should I do it or where, and how much it cost? but I think my computer is fine because when car is on I don't have any problem, my problem should be my ignition switch which does not function right or stop electrical flow. If I need to fix this problem what part of the switch I should replace? Also, what is the programming process? My other thought, why the remote start doesn't work to lock/unlock doors and the lift gate isn't opened manually either. Let me know what do you think.

If the BCM has to be replaced you will need a dealer scan tool and access to there software. With out this you can not do the programming. If the ignition lock is not working correctly its usually the ignition lock its self.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Programming is required if I change the ignition lock?

No, only the BCM.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I don't need programing if I change ignition lock?! Also, will used ignition lock work?

If you replace the with new keys then programming will be needed. If you replace the ignition switch and use your old lock then no programming is needed. A used ignition lock and keys will not work. You need a new one with new keys.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I think something is wrong with ignition switch which doesn't cut off electricity. Is the ignition lock or ignition switch is causing problem and needs to be replaced? Please give me your idea about my problem, what would you do to troubleshoot this?

There ignition lock and the ignition switch are two different things. If the lock is not hang up then you may be right and the ignition switch could be at fault. There is no way to know which is failing with out some hands on testing. Unfortunately I can not do that from there. If you would like, I can open the post back up for you and perhaps someone else has something different to offer.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Please

Doing so now.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I find my problem with those light it was open IOD fuse. now I have problem with my navigation doesn't come on at all, when I open the door inside light doesn't come on and my remote key doesn't work when car is off do you gays have any idea let me know please
Ron, ASE Certified Technician