Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

The malfunction indicator light stays on, and the brake

Customer Question
warning light as well JA: Have...
the malfunction indicator light stays on, and the brake warning light as well
JA: Have you checked the brake fluid? Does the light stay on steady or is it intermittent?
Customer: brake fluid is at the bot***** *****ne, and my wife just tightened the gas cap
JA: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?
Customer: 2014 Town & Country
JA: Are you fixing your Country yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: looking at the manual....
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: don't think so thanks pearl!
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Chrysler
9/3/2016
Chrysler Mechanic: john -aka eauto, The Car Guy replied 1 year ago
john -aka eauto
john -aka eauto, The Car Guy

which malfunction indicator?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Malfunction indicator - and found out the gas cap was loose, and the Electronic Stability control lite is on

is it under warranty? do you have access to a decent scan tool?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No and mo

THE ABS Light or traction control / stability control light comes on when there is a fault in the abs system. When the light is on the abs system is not working..A diagnostic scanner - computer would be required to pull the trouble code and to diagnose./.The failed component would need to be repaired or replaced to get the light to go out. likley you have a wheel speed sensor or wiring issue to a sensor

if you can get me the trouble code..i can lead you to the cause of failure

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Is this car safe to drive? Is the only way to get the diagnostic code is through that scanner thing?

yes its safe to drive and yes thats the only way

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks, ***** ***** we are off to the dealer

best of luck

Please remember to only rate my service when you are satisfied. IF you feel the need to rate "Poor Service" or "Bad Service", please stop and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.
I am not paid unless I get a rating of 3 to 5 Stars/Smiley Faces. As always I'm happy to provide my time/service & resources so If I have helped you with your question, please give me an appropriate rating so that I get credit for helping you. Thank you and good luck with your vehicle!

john -aka eauto
john -aka eauto
john -aka eauto, The Car Guy