Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

Im still having misfire on 2007 chrysler town and country i

Customer Question
already replaced coil, spark plug...
im still having misfire on 2007 chrysler town and country i already replaced coil, spark plug, spark plug wire, and egr valve still have misfire
JA: How many miles are on the car? Is it a steady misfire? Or random?
Customer: 130,000 miles on it and steady misfire
JA: Are you fixing your Town and Country yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: mechanic and myself both work on it like i said i replaced spark wires coil and egr valve
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: that is the question
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Chrysler
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
please help me now please
9/3/2016
Chrysler Mechanic: AZTechBrian, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
AZTechBrian
AZTechBrian, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. Sorry for the wait. The next step in determining the cause of the misfire is to do a compression test.

Use a scan tool to determine which cylinder is misfiring, then remove that spark plug and perform a compression test

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Compression is good

which cylinder is misfiring?

and what was the compression in that cylinder?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Can't hear phone

i don't understand. Which cylinder was misfiring and what was the compression in that cylinder?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
we are going to retest it again
tmw morning ok

yes. please do. It's very important to determine which cylinder is misfiring and what the compression is. Please let me know the results so we can continue and get this figured out.

Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Aftermarket & Factory Electronics