rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

I have a 2006 300c with 5.7 hemi. This problem is very

Customer Question

I have a 2006 300c with 5.7 hemi. This problem is very intermittent happening once every week or so. We only drive the car about 100 miles a week primarily in town. The problem is that at idle or at speeds under 15 mph the car will die. It will start right back up, but after restarting and shifting into drive, it will take about 5 seconds before it actually will shift into drive. Before the 5 seconds the engine will just rev as thought you were in neutral. At speeds greater than 15mph but less than 40mph (these are just estimates regarding the actual speed) the car will die as you can see the tach drop down and several idiot lights come on but the car will restart immediately on its own. I have not seen it happen at speeds over 40mph.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Ron and I will be helping you today.
Stand by for a moment while I prepare your answer.

Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Problems like these used to be a real issue finding the cause, but now, they're a piece of cake.

Most shops have flight recorders that they plug right into your DLC for your computer and they record ALL the data that is going on whole your driving.

After you have gotten the vehicle to act up, simply take the car back to the shop and let them read the data. Presto, instant answers.

Thanks, Ron

Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm just following up with you to see if you have any more questions.
Thanks, Ron