Tool Hut
Tool Hut, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner of a mobile diagnostics company assisting auto technicians with difficult vehicles
77480539

My c300 2007 the throttle light come on in the mouring after

Customer Question

my c300 2007 the throttle light come on in the mouring after I drive 1.1 tenth of a mile I stop like the book say,cut the car off and turn it back on the light go off but check engine light come on.carry to shopthey say the check engine light say thermostac but they cant find a code for throttle.
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: stay on untell I cut the car off and then turn it back on
JA: Are you fixing your C300 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no carried it to dealer they said to drive there with the light on.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 10 months ago.

Hi, My Name is ***** ***** for posting your question to just answer. I am a independent contractor for just answer. ASE Certified Master Auto Technician with 20 years experience. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.There will probably be some equipment needed for a proper diagnosis. If you are not comfortable with this or do not have any test equipment please let me know ASAP. I also give you all of the information you may need in good faith expecting a positive rating. I am not compensated for my time until you leave a positive rating. Your rating should be based on the service you received.

There should be a history code that they are able to see. With some data so they can confirm what was happening. The throttle body failure is fairly common on this vehicle