Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

I have a 2005 Crossfire SRT-6 roadster that I am trying to

Customer Question
repair the 3rd brake light...
I have a 2005 Crossfire SRT-6 roadster that I am trying to repair the 3rd brake light. I have taken out the screws on the light, removed the bracket/plate that surrounds the trunk latch so I could disconnect the wire harness. Now what? It appears the socket will not allow the light to slide out. Is there a drawing or video showing how to remove?
JA: Have you checked the brake fluid? How's the level and when was it last changed?
Customer: The light was only working on 1/2 and now nothing. The fluid is a little low but my mechanic (who used to work on MB said it did not need to be topped
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: The vehicle has 52K mi
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Yes, I hope to do myself. I am just trying to remove the LED light
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Chrysler
8/24/2016
Chrysler Mechanic: Clayso, Master Automobile Technician replied 1 year ago
Clayso
Clayso, Master Automobile Technician

Hi There,
This is Clay, I'm a certified master automobile technician with 30 years of automotive repair and diagnostic experience.

The service procedure for the 3rd brake light is in the link below.

Center Mounted Brake Lamp Service and Repair

I hope this information is helpful. If you have any questions let me know. You can reply back to me through this thread at any time.

Just so you know the Center High Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL) cannot be adjusted or repaired. If faulty or damaged, the entire CHMSL assembly is replaced as a unit.

Hope this helps.
Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The SRT-6 has a fixed wing and the pop-up has been disabled
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Now what do I do?

Any idea why the pop-up was disabled?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Because of the fixed wing, the deflector would hit the wing. This is an SRT-6 AMG Supercharged vehicle.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
There isn't a switch on the dash even since they never used the pop-up

I don't know what all to say. I'll opted out and see if any of the other Chrysler experts can help you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks for trying but I do need an answer
Chrysler Mechanic: Don - Mo Lurch, Aftermarket & Factory Electronics replied 1 year ago
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Aftermarket & Factory Electronics

sorry for the delay
Here is Chrysler Service Manual procedures
Click Attachment Below
IF you have removed all the screws, including harness , then you may have to insert a "trim stick" on bottom & top to loosen the Light to pull out
IF the Light is defective, then you will have to Replace or Repair the CHMSL
These guys should be able to repair http://ledfix.com/

Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch