Joshua Haynes
Joshua Haynes,
Experience:  Lead Technician/ Manager at Precision Tune Auto Care
93804480

I got gas, I thought that I tighten the cap enough, but I

Customer Question

I got gas, I thought that I tighten the cap enough, but I didn't. I drove the car 4 days, no problem. Next morning, I cranked the car, it ran for a short moment, it cut off. Next day, I took it for a test drive, it cut off , this happened several times and thank God that I was able to get the car home. The malfunction light comes on when I start the car, I'm also smelling gas. I will appreciate your kindness to help me
JA: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?
Customer: No, I am a female?
JA: Not a problem. You can work with the Chrysler Mechanic to figure that out. What is the model/year of your Chrysler?
Customer: 2006 300 Touring
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No, just discussed the issue with different repair shops
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Joshua Haynes replied 11 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you. It sounds like your problem is not related to your fuel cap, but rather a fuel leak. unfortunately, my advice will be to take it to a local repair shop and have them check for a fuel leak. usually, fuel leaks are very easy to detect, but are very dangerous and should be dealt with as early as possible. If you have a choice and don't regularly deal with a mechanic already, I would suggest dealing with a shop that is part of a national chain such as Merchant's Tire, Precision Tune Auto, Midas or Meineke. This will ensure that you have a recourse (corporate office) in the event that you feel that you are being taken advantage of. I hope this helps and I hope you get this resolved quickly (and safely!)

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you so much for your advice.
May God bless you
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Is our conversation $5 or $11?

And you as well! As far as the cost I am not sure. I am not involved in the billing just the answering. I would, however, appreciate a positive rating if you were pleased with my service.

Hi, this is Josh checking in to see if you have any other questions. I haven't heard from you since yesterday and I assume that you have decided to take it to a shop. If you need anything else at all, please don't hesitate to ask...otherwise I would really appreciate a positive rating!

Hi, it's Josh checking in on your car. Please let me know if you are still in need of help.

Expert:  Joshua Haynes replied 10 months ago.

Hi, this is Josh checking in to remind you to please rate my service. If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask!