Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years
1609972

My 2005 chrysler 300 5.7 would not run barely started and

Customer Question

my 2005 chrysler 300 5.7 would not run barely started and stopped I replace the crank senor now I get nothing when i turn the key. Where should i start looking or should i replace the crank sensor again (the one I purchased was made in mexico)
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  david craig replied 12 months ago.

Hi Im David. First off always use oem parts when it comes to electronics. I would put the old one back in. see if it cranks. then we can go from there.

any update?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I have tried two different new crank sensors and the original one the new one,s where made in mexico purchased from the dealer.
I jumped the starter it works fine. the transmission is been freshly serviced. This all started when my wife after a day of stop and go driving tried to start the car it cranked hard then made a popping sound, this is what i was told. I then tried to start the car it ran briefly and made noise from what sounded like it came from the bell housing. I removed the transmission it seemed to be fine only having 54000 miles on the car. To see if the problem was in the transmission or engine I installed the trans with out the torque converter and tried to run the engine it would not run long, that when i Changed the crank sensor and reinstalled the transmission correctly,when i went to start the car key on all parts of the instrament panel, gages and lites work properly, when i turn key to start position i get nothing. Which relay supply power to the PCM and fuel pump. Do you have any thoughts as to what the problem is?
thank you steve

wow you put in some work my friend. let me send yo a print of the starting/engine control circuit. in the meantime check any fuse related to IGN/CRK/ECM/PCM/BAT/START

Expert:  david craig replied 11 months ago.

do you still need assistance

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I my need live phone talk but it would have to be on Saturday or Sunday when I am at my shop, if that would work for you let me know. Here is what else I have tried, added grounds, tried the other key. The red lite on the left side of the gauge panel comes on when the key is turn on then go out, I think that is normal. I pulled the 100 amp circuit breaker that is in the rear fuse panel for about 5 min. Nothing has changed anything. I think I well need to find the terminals in the control modulals (ECU, PCM) that power the relays.
I need to know where each of the relative parts are located. and which parts would need able to interrupt the engine cranking circuit.
thank you Steve

yea sure....ill keep this open