Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

Chrysler Town and Country 2002 3.3L auto shows error code

Customer Question
P0888....
Chrysler Town and Country 2002 3.3L auto shows error code P0888.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Chrysler
8/16/2016
Chrysler Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. The most common cause for the code P0888 to set is in most cases a failing Transmission Control Module (TCM) or the power supply to it. In order to determine the cause you are going to need to do some testing. I have enclosed the steps in the link below.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/P0888%20Aug%2016.pdf

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

Hello, Ron.

I received your answer this morning, but I do not have time to carry out the procedures in the linked document. I will have time to do that over the weekend. After I finish that I will contact you regarding any questions I may have.

Thank you,

Jim

Sure thing, be sure to print the steps out as they do time out over time. IM here if need be.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

Hi Ron,

This is XY Zheng. I am Jim's father. Jim is in college now. I'll have to follow up. Could you please give me your phone number so that I can talk to you. Phone communication is much more efficient.

thanks,

XY

Hello Ron

I have finished the diagnostic procedures that your provided. I have not found any wire connections problem. The transmission control relay is fine too. Now I am not sure if the TCM is defect. But we changed two used TCMs from a reliable online store, they didn't solve the problem either.

Another hint is that the problem is intermittent, it usually does not have problems when drive in the morning when both engine and transmission are cold, the problem appears when they are hot, said after driving thirty minutes, stop the engine and start again, then the check engine light turns on and the transmission stock in second shift.

Is it possible that the problem is caused by dirty transmission fluid and or malfunction solenoid?

Thanks a lot for providing more help.

Ron, ASE Certified Technician