Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

I have a 2009 Dodge Caliber Fault codes u1110. And u1120

Customer Question

Hi there
JA: Hello. What do you want help with?
Customer: I have a 2009 Dodge Caliber
Fault codes u1110. And u1120 consistent. Can clear and reset. After thirty seconds or so of driving. Lights come back on
Along with. Po700 as well
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: Engine light
Abs light
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Replaced the distribution box/pcm
And battery so far
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Still there ?
Category: Chrysler
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hopefully you have an answer here. It's been a pain
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Any luck?
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Can you tell me what liter engine is in this model here?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2009 Dodge Caliber 2.0 liter
Fwd
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

O.k.,code P0700 is a general fault code letting you know there is an issue with the transmission system that a code is set in the TCM (transmission computer).

Code U1110 indicates a fault is detected with the PCM (engine computer) that no speed signal is being received from the anti lock brake computer

Code U1120 indicates the same as above.No speed signal from the anti lock brake computer

Can you tell me what has been checked or replace to try and correct this fault here?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All abs speed sensors have been tested and they are good
The power distribution box has been replaced with a Dorman 599-906 The battery also replaced but for other reasons.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

O.k.,your PCM receives a direct Can C data signal from the ABS computer.The fault can be in the ABS computer itself or the wire leading from the ABS computer to the engine computer.I would start with having the wiring checked leading from the abs to the engine computer for any issues.If these are all o.k. since both codes relate to the abs and the pcm has been replaced already I suspect the abs computer is at fault needing replaced.Below is a diagram of how the Can C bus works.This is also most likely causing the P0700 code to set.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/owbf2o90odfk9ah/canc-08-15.gif?dl=0

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

The code actually leads to the PCM as the cause but if you already replace it I suspect it is o.k.Here is the diag procedure.

U0121-LOST COMMUNICATION WITH ANTI-LOCK BRAKE MODULE ALSO SET
1. With a scan tool, select View DTCs.

Is the DTC U0121-LOST COMMUNICATION WITH ANTI-LOCK BRAKE MODULE also set?

Yes

- Perform the U0141-Lost Communication with IPM (FCM/TIPM) diagnostic procedure.

No

- Replace and program the Powertrain Control Module (PCM).

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete