Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

My Chrysler town &country want pass inspection I have

Customer Question
My Chrysler town &country want...
My Chrysler town &country want pass inspection I have replaced solenoid pack on trans and TCM and input and output speed sensor and still set codes 1776 ,700,740 do I need a Tran it shift good till the service engine light comes on then it will shift till that 1776 it want shift
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Chrysler
8/12/2016
Chrysler Mechanic: Cardoctor71, ASE Master Technician replied 1 year ago
Cardoctor71
Cardoctor71, ASE Master Technician

This is an internal transmission failure, will require transmission overhaul or replacement. Please Accept and Rate my answer, If you have any further questions ,I will continue to answer them until you are completely satisfied with my answers.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Why not replaced torque converter trans shift gear good till service engine light comes on . One mechanic said the torque converter is coming apart he said if rust slug is in filter

when the torque converter comes apart it sends metal throughout the entire transmission, this metal and clutch material lodges in the valve body solenoids and in the passages of the valve body itself, then if you were to replace the torque converter which requires transmission removal (pricey) ,you would then have a repeat failure situation over time you will spend more money on repeat failures than if you rebuilt or replaced the transmission. Unfortunately the filter only stops a portion of this metal and clutch material.

Cardoctor71
Cardoctor71
Cardoctor71, ASE Master Technician