Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

Started normally, parked it for a few minutes and went to

Customer Question
restart and nothing... It is...
Started normally, parked it for a few minutes and went to restart and nothing... It is a battery less than a year old. Tried jumpstarting and still nothing...the starter doesn't even make an attempt to click at all. I've check all the fuses as well as the relays.
JA: How many miles are on the car? Has the car been starting normally?
Customer: 108,000. We don't drive but maybe once a month it is our backup car. It is a 2005 300c
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes I do, Tried jumpstarting and still nothing...the starter doesn't even make an attempt to click at all. I've check all the fuses as well as the relays.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: The starter is also a year old.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Chrysler
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/11/2016
Chrysler Mechanic: roybelding, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
roybelding
roybelding, ASE Certified Technician

good evening my name is ***** ***** I will assist

do you have a volt meter to do some checks??

Roy

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hey Roy, I don't have a volt meter

can you get one??? need to see if there is a signal to the starter solenoid to make it crank when the key is in the start position

Roy

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I can, it will be about an hour or so before I can get back with it.

I will be here

please dont forget to rate me as it is the only way I get paid for my efforts

Roy

roybelding
roybelding
roybelding, ASE Certified Technician