Chris
Chris, Technician
Experience:  30 years certified Chrysler technician, smog license Certified Master Technician
12365498

I own a 2008 PT Cruiser convertible. Last night I tried to

Customer Question

Hello: I own a 2008 PT Cruiser convertible. Last night I tried to open the top and it only went half way and stopped. Someone mentioned that maybe I need hydraulic fluid for it?
JA: Just to clarify, which fluid are you talking about? And what color and consistency is it?
Customer: I have no idea. The roof top won't completely open. It was suggested that there is a place to put hydraulic fluid??? I have no idea about cars sorry!!!
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: with the help of my brother yes. Nothing yet. I only discovered that the roof would not fully open around 9:30 last night.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: The motor when I try to open the top sounds tired!
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Chris replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. Yes, the hydraulic fluid in the pump is probably a little bit low, or the pump is failing. Let me see if I can find a procedure for checking and filling the pump for you.

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 11 months ago.

OK, it looks like you and your brother will need to replace the pump.

Click on the link below to see the procedures. I hope this helps, and if so would you kindly take a moment and rate my service today? I will still be able to help you out even after you rate me.

Thank you!

Chris

Here is the link:

Expert:  Chris replied 11 months ago.

Hello, did you get the procedure I sent?

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 11 months ago.
Hello, just checking back to see if you received my last answer from a few days ago. I hope I have been helpful, and if so, would you please take a minute to rate my service using the just answer rating service? I get no credit for helping you unless you do. If you need more help, I will still be able to help you even after you rate me. Thank you! Chris