Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years
1609972

Overheating 2002 pt cruiser, friend plugged in diagnostic

Customer Question

overheating 2002 pt cruiser, friend plugged in diagnostic unit,problem is with coolant sensor gone bad
JA: Have you checked the coolant? Have you checked for a leak in the cooling system?
Customer: coolant good, no leaks and I replaced high and low relays
JA: Are you fixing your Pt Cruiser yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am intending to fix myself, just reading up on how to do it
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: vehicle has 141000 mls, timing belt and water pump and radiator replaced at 105000
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Cary York replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I’m Cary and I’ll be helping you today.
Please understand that I can't smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so patience is appreciated. I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and others repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as needed, even after the rating..

What exactly is your question?