Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

I have 2011 300c. I shut my car off and heard a woodpecker

Customer Question
Hello. I have 2011...
Hello. I have 2011 300c. I shut my car off and heard a woodpecker type noise coming from under the dash on the drivers side. I turned my car off and back in again. Now I am only blowing hot air on the driver vents. All others in the car work accordingly. After doing a little research I think it is the AC/hot actuator. I have the new part and ready to put in but in looking under the dash in the drivers side I am not sure which one it is. Any diagram or direction you could give would help please
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Chrysler
7/31/2016
Chrysler Mechanic: bill, chrysler master tech replied 1 year ago
bill
bill, chrysler master tech

if you have a vin i can pull the directions for you

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
2c3ca6ct0bh531477

here is a link to the directions the one you are attempting to replace SHOULD be the one on the DRIVERS SIDE, the directions say to remove the steering column you will need to decide if you can maneuver the actuator out without removing the column, this will depend on your tools and if you can get your hands in there look them over and see if you think you can do the repair safely, the system will self calibrate once you reconnect the battery (if you leave the battery connected the system will calibrate if you go from hot to cold

these directions are only available a few days and in ADOBE PDF FORMAT they can be downloaded and printed or saved for reference

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tnie80p13a6li4d/actuator.pdf?dl=0

this site is on the honor system once you are satisfied with the service you rate it, you have already paid to use the site all a rating does is allow the expert to be paid for his time and that comes out of the fee you paid to use the service

each expert is an independent "contractor" and is only paid for their time when you rate the service 3 stars or higher

any positive ratings allow me to assist you with this question in the future if you need

bill
bill
bill, chrysler master tech