Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

The a/c compressor isnt coming on, the switch for it is lit,

Customer Question
The a/c compressor isnt coming...
The a/c compressor isnt coming on
JA: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?
Customer: the switch for it is lit
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: 1005 and the button to activate the a/c
JA: What year is your Chrysler?
Customer: 2005
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: verified the a/c isnt working. i cant find the relay box on the vehicle to test the relay
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: thats all i have
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Chrysler
7/31/2016
Chrysler Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

there are many thing that can prevent the compressor from engaging. If the light is coming on then odds are the control head is good. The problem may be the clutch coil itself, the compressor relay, wiring, a bad pressure sensor or switch, a blown fuse, evaporator or ambient temperature sensor signal, or the problem could simply be low charge. The most common cause for a compressor not engaging is low charge.

What model is the vehicle?

sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician