Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

I was replacing the thermostat on my 2005 PT Cruiser Turbo

Customer Question
hi. i was replacing the...
hi. i was replacing the thermostat on my 2005 PT Cruiser Turbo when one of the bolts and the thermostat slipped and fell into the engine compartment. They seem to have completely disappeared. Quarters are so close t is hard to get around and see anything on top or from underneath. Any suggestions?
JA: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?
Customer: 18000 miles, automatic
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: hoping to fix it myself. have everything apart, just need to put in the thermostat. I am concerned with the bolt and old thermostat being lodged somewhere that they might come loose and cause some damage.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no, thats about it
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Chrysler
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/30/2016
Chrysler Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 1 year ago
Dan, Technician

Hello, my name is***** isn't anywhere bolt could fall that would cause damage unless engine was taken apart which it wouldn't have been during thermostat replacement. I'd bring bolt you do have to hardware store, get the same size bolt, then call it good. Let me know if you have more questions or if there is anything else I can do to help. Thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The old thermostat also fell down as did the bolt. Is the same thing true with that

Yes, same is true but thermostat should be semi easy to find you may just need to use a flashlight and get under vehicle but either way you won't need to worry about it causing damage. Let me know if you have more questions, thanks.

Dan, Technician