Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

My 2006 Sebring malfunction light came on and my cruise

Customer Question

My 2006 Sebring malfunction light came on and my cruise control automatically stopped as I was driving.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

This light coming on like this here indicates a fault has been detected by the computer with one or more components at fault needing repaired or replaced.Unfortunately what has to be done from here is to have the fault codes read out/checked using a scan tool that will plug in and communicate with all computers in your model to see what codes are set.Once this has been done any codes set need diagnosed to locate and repair this issue here.

If your vehicle runs at or over 2000 rpm at idle this can be an indication of a vacuum leak causing the light and issues here.If it only runs up to 2000 rpm and no higher this can be an issue with a restricted exhaust component or fuel pressure fault in some cases.

You will have to have the fault codes read out to help diagnose and repair this issue here.This needs done in most cases by a dealer or repair facility in your area that can do this testing in most cases.In some cases places like Auto Zone or a local parts store may read out the fault codes at no charge to you.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,a rating of 4 or 5 is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete