How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dan Your Own Question
Dan, Technician
Category: Chrysler
Satisfied Customers: 24009
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
Type Your Chrysler Question Here...
Dan is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can the upper and lower ball joints on a 2008 Chrysler 300C

Customer Question

can the upper and lower ball joints on a 2008 Chrysler 300C be separated from the control arm? I had clanging sounds from my front end whenever we hit a bump and sever vibration when applying the brakes above 50 mph.. Thinking it was the rotors I had them turned sill nothing changed.. I had a mechanic shop say they fixed the problem today by putting on a new control arm, but the vibration continues. What else can be wrong?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** during braking usually means rotors or tie rod ends so if rotors didn't help I'd replace the tie rod ends or at least have them inspected. Noise while hitting bumps is usually related to the stabalizer bushings. IF ball joints separated from control arms then tire would be hanging sideways and you would notice, it isn't likely or common for it to get to that point. Let me know if you have more questions, thanks.