Clayso
Clayso, Master Automobile Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified Automobile Technician. 30 Years Experience.
77147243

My 2007 crusier non-turbo starts to overheat only when I

Customer Question

My 2007 crusier non-turbo starts to overheat only when I have the A/C or Heater on and I am either at a complete stop or on idle. Once I begin to accelerate it the temperature begins to drop pretty fast. I have changed the radiator, the temperature switch, The low-pressure valve, water pump and the thermostat. Although, the thermostat that im using is the cheapest one but tomorrow I will change it for the new one I just bought which is fail safe thermostat. I have also checked all the sensors and relays/
JA: How many miles are on the car? Has the car been starting normally?
Customer: 11769. yes
JA: What is the model of your '9769 Chrysler?
Customer: 2007
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: . I have changed the radiator, the temperature switch, The low-pressure valve, water pump and the thermostat. Although, the thermostat that im using is the cheapest one but tomorrow I will change it for the new one I just bought which is fail safe thermostat. I have also checked all the sensors and relays/
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: not that is could think of
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Clayso replied 11 months ago.

Hi Daniel, I'm Clayso a certified master automobile technician with 30 years of automotive repair and diagnostic experience.

From your description most likely there is a cooling fan problem. The radiator cooling fan assembly has 2 speeds. With the A/C on the fan should run at high speed. The low fan should come on at 206°F with the A/C off and high fan at 219°F A/C off. When the vehicle is moving air flow is created through the radiators cores and and transfers the heat from the coolant. Sitting still there is no air flow through the radiator unless the fans operate properly. Let me know if there is fan operation in 2 speeds and if any codes are set. Btw a quality thermostat is recommend.

I hope this information is helpful. If you have any questions let me know. You can reply back to me through this thread at any time.

Kindly rate my assistance in a positive manner so I may have credit for helping you.
Positive ratings are greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Expert:  Clayso replied 11 months ago.

Hi there, I'm following up on any progress with this repair. I hope the information I gave was helpful. If you have any questions or run into any problems let me know.

Thanks.