How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Category: Chrysler
Satisfied Customers: 522
Experience:  Cert. Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years
Type Your Chrysler Question Here...
Don 'Mo Lurch' is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was driving my 2009 Cruiser at ghway speed. The car has

Customer Question

HI I was driving my 2009 Cruiser at highway speed. The car has been over heating the last few weeks. We think the radiatior is one problem and we put Barrs Leak in and it stopped it from over heating. I also think the radiator cap and thermostat are needing replaced. So today the car started to lose power then it died on me and when I pull off the highway it would not start at all. We just got the car in May. It had 84000 plus on it when I got it and now it up to 88000 plus a few. What if any suggestions can you give me
JA: How old are the hoses? And just to clarify, can you actually see the leak?
Customer: We live outside Gettysburg PA
JA: What is the model of your '82000 Chrysler?
Customer: Mine is a 2009.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: My finance saw the leak it was on the side where the black hose is and you could see the water squirt out. We used the Barrs Leak and the helped a little.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: We would like to do it ourselves if possible or we have a person who is qualified to fix it.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

You probably have warped the head. Are you able to do a compression test on the engine?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not sure how do you do that
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can a warped head be fixed, is it expensive
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need this car I have cancer and this is my ride back and forth for treatment.
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 1 year ago.

Checking compression is done by removing the spark plugs and screwing in a compression tester in its place then cranking the engine and watching the reading on the gauge.

It can be fixed but it is expensive. Its major engine damage.

Im sorry about your circumstances but there isnt much I can do about it other than try to help you accurately diagnose it and figure out how to best go about fixing it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I really think the themostat is bad, It has been since we got the car in May. There was a small leak by the radiator but that we fixed. The starter is not starting the engine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
for right now I dont have the money I had to spend the money on a tow. It was my Bill money so for now I guess we are going to Pass I do not have the $26
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your time.