Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

Sometimes the starter on my 2007 Chrysler pacifica will not

Customer Question
turn the engine over. The...
Sometimes the starter on my 2007 Chrysler pacifica will not turn the engine over. The battery is new. When I continue to try to start it, it will usually eventually start. What is the problem?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Chrysler
7/24/2016
Chrysler Mechanic: tracer5, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
tracer5
tracer5, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, just to confirm, you mean the engine will not crank? correct? or does it crank and just does not start up? all lights etc etc all work strong when this happens? how do you get engine to start? you said keep trying so does this mean turning key to crank over and over?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the engine will not crank. everything else works .i keep turning the key and eventually it starts
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
do you have an answer to my problem or not?

I am sorry, I had to step out, I am back now, I will send some info shortly

I do in a way have to agree with the auto tech, really need to have it act up in person but? my thought and by description symptoms etc? I have to say i feel you have a failing starter, Yes,, when a starter is going bad, they can be affected by heat, temps etc and may work one time then not the next then by trying to crank over and over, the solenoid finally kicks in and starter works, I am rather confident it is a bad starter, you can rule out battery, fuses etc, the starter is just not working at times, Little bit of a job to change it. I have included a link showing the repair for your reference

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I will have my mechanic check the starter before I can rate you and I do not wish to join one of the monthly pay programs. I only wanted an answer to this one problem. Please cancel .

I do not send out monthly things, JA does, I sent the answer as I could and what i feel the problem is, A starter can not be checked unless problem right then,I was supporting this from the other tech but was also doing what I could to send and answer as I thought it is/was, I am having JA handle this from here

tracer5
tracer5
tracer5, ASE Certified Technician