Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years
1609972

Help please!! My van doesn't start and its asking me

Customer Question

Help please!! My van doesn't start and its asking me for a security code
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Brad replied 1 year ago.

Good evening and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

*****I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and other repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as needed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there, and to be honest with today's electronics a scantool may very well be needed to retrieve the codes or to monitor data to see what's going on*****

Is your radio asking for a security code?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Brad replied 1 year ago.

To get you the radio code I will need the radio's serial number and your VIN number.. But you also said it won't start? The radio code has nothing to do with it starting.. Do you see a security light on in the dash?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, it completly turned off, and I can't even get the key out!! It's stuck
Expert:  Brad replied 1 year ago.

So you have no power anywhere? Will the engine try to start? Will your keys lock and unlock the doors?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The keys are stuck in the ignition
Expert:  Brad replied 1 year ago.

Can I get your VIN number?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2c4rc1bg4cr305235
Expert:  Brad replied 1 year ago.

Can you try and disconnect the battery for 5 min and reconnect to see if a hard reset will help?