Chris
Chris, Technician
Experience:  30 years certified Chrysler technician, smog license Certified Master Technician
12365498

My 2000 chrysler cirrus displays false alarms about

Customer Question

my 2000 chrysler cirrus displays false alarms about battery/alternator failure. the voltage always reads 14.0, like it should. the red battery symbol comes on frequently for no apparent reason. if i stop the engine & then restart it, the light goes out for a little while & then comes back on. the battery & alternator both test good & perform perfectly. i really need to fix the false alarm trouble. any suggestions ?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. This is an instrument cluster issue. If you are sure that the charging system voltage is ok like you say, then the logic circuits for that battery indicator are failing. This is not a common problem, but I have seen this before. Have the instrument cluster replaced. Based on what you have told me, this will fix the problem.

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

I hope that this information is helpful and if so, would you kindly take a moment to rate my service using the just answer star rating system? I would really appreciate it. If you need further assistance or have any follow up questions I can still help you out even after you rate me. Thank you!

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hello, just checking back to see if you received my answer. I hope it was helpful and if so, would you kindly take a moment to rate my service using the just answer star rating system? I would really appreciate it. If you need further assistance or have any follow up questions I can still help you out even after you rate me. Thank you!

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
Hello, just checking back to see if you received my answer. I hope it was helpful and if so, would you kindly take a moment to rate my service using the just answer star rating system? I would really appreciate it. If you need further assistance or have any follow up questions I can still help you out even after you rate me. Thank you! Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Chris, my friend, just today I was able to obtain a used instrument cluster from a salvage yard. I will install it as soon as I can.Then I will let you know if the problem has been solved. Thanks & good day. From LINN E.
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Very good Linn! Let me know how it goes.

Chris