Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

We have a 2013 Town & Country that tonight when I opened the

Customer Question
read lift gate with the...
We have a 2013 Town & Country that tonight when I opened the read lift gate with the remote in immediately closed after opening and hit my wife on the head. I tried to manually open the lift gate but it will not stay open. I have hade hydraulic failure in a liftgate before, probably 20 plus years ago and it did not have the same "feel" to the way the door closed. It actually closed so quickly that the lock bounced before allowing the door to close completely.
JA: Have you checked all the fuses? Do you have a wiring diagram?
Customer: I have not. Is the fuse diagram in the owners manual?
JA: What is the model of your '13 Chrysler?
Customer: Limited
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I'd rather get it fixed. I need access to the rear this coming weekend.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Chrysler
7/14/2016
Chrysler Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 1 year ago
Pete, Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

From what you have described here this sounds like a fault hydraulically with the lifting mechanism that isnt holding pressure anymore to keep the lift gate open.This is usually the most common cause for this fault here.If this has not been checked/tested at all to see if this is the cause here for sure this needs done.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Technician