Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

We have a 2007 chrysler sebring with 2.7 L V 6 engine...The

Customer Question
computer is showing the car...
We have a 2007 chrysler sebring with 2.7 L V 6 engine...The computer is showing the car needs a intake manfold tuning velue. what does this part do? The car surges and misses when taking off. It runs great down the road...
JA: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?
Customer: 149600 it is an automatic transmission..
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: We would like to fix it ourselves and we have tried nothing at this point..
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: nothing I can think of.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Chrysler
7/11/2016
Chrysler Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 1 year ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

The intake manifold tuning valve is a ‘door’ that changes airflow thorough the intake manifold. Typically, at idle and during part throttle acceleration the valve is closed. When the valve is closed, the intake manifold runners are separated into two areas. During wide-open throttle acceleration, the valve is opened. When the valve is open, the intake manifold effectively becomes one large airflow chamber.

By creating one large chamber, less resistance to airflow is created. This decrease in resistance increases the volume and velocity of air that enters the engine. More air and gasoline entering the engine increases the torque (power) output of the engine.

When it is not working properly, symptoms range from hesitation, surging, poor gas mileage, or loss of power. It may exhibit one or more of these symptoms. Replacing it will resolve your issues.

Directions are attached for replacing it.

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

HI,

here is a good diagram of its location

If you have any other questions on this, feel free to ask for more help by clicking the REPLY TO EXPERT button, otherwise please click the OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE to pay for services rendered per your customer agreement as this is a PAYSITE and experts are not paid for their time, services, or knowledge until you do so.Thank you.

Please note that continued poor accept rate now leads to experts ignoring future questions you may post as they realize that they will not be paid for their time or services. Thank you

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager