Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

I put new pneumatic lifters into my 2008 chrysler aspen and

Customer Question
now I can't get the...
I put new pneumatic lifters into my 2008 chrysler aspen and now I can't get the lift gate open. It just gives 2 quick beeps whether I push the rke fob or the button inside or try to manually lift it with the handle. Is there any way to open it so I can put one of the weaker lifters in?
JA: Have you checked the fob's battery?
Customer: The fob is activating the lift gate because it give the same double beep if I push the inside button or try to lift it from the outside.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I took the lift gate panel off the inside of the door and saw a lever that looked like it might be a release lever. I pushed it but it did not open the lift gate.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No, I see other people have had this problem on the internet.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Chrysler
7/9/2016
Chrysler Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

It sounds as if you have a latch issue. A liftgate or striker adjustment issue or something foreign being closed in it will make it hard to open but either of these should have been apparent. The latch may need to be replaced.

You did replace both liftgate struts together?

Was there any problem with getting it to open before this?

sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician