sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

I have a 2009 sebring hard top convertable 2 door it is

Customer Question

i have a 2009 sebring hard top convertable 2 door it is showing top in operation trying to close it and it willnot lock down whin i try to raise the top it sayes top maqlfunice can you help me truble shoot it please we have checked the pump and put oil in it and tryed to cycle and trying to lock it down the pump will run but it will not lock down
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If you're seeing a top malfunction message it's because the power top control module is seeing a problem in the system and stopping operation to prevent damage. The problem could be mechanical but is more likely to be wiring or a bad microswitch.

The first step in diagnosing the problem is to see what fault codes are setting in the PTCM. Do you have a scan tool capable of communication with it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I hooked up my scanner an it did not have any codes in it it said I have to take it to the dealer to get what was wrong with it

The reason you're seeing the warning is because fault codes have set. What did you use to look for codes?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
a soltis snapon scaner and a otc napa scaner
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have took it to supior dodge in conway ar and thay have spent a 1/2 day and still have not fixed it

Have you found out from them what codes are setting or what has been done?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thay have not found the promblem yet will let you know whin i find out what we have to do to fix it

Let me know how it goes!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i will let you know

Great!