sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

I have a 2008 Sebring convertible. The top gets stuck from

Customer Question

I have a 2008 Sebring convertible. The top gets stuck from time to time. Sometimes stuck going up and sometimes stuck going down. Doesn't happen everytime, just occasionally. Seems to be when it is sitting in the sun. Not sure that has anything to do with the problem.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: unsure where to start first. any suggestions? have talked with our local mechanic who has many years of experience but has no experience with convertible tops.
JA: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are many things that can prevent the top from moving. It could be a mechanical or hydraulic issue or it could be electrical. If the power top control module sees a component in an incorrect state then it will stop operation.

If the problem is electrical then the pump will stop and you'll get a warning on the dash. When the top stops and you're actively trying to move it, what message do you see?