Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

2006 chrysler 300 shift probems

Customer Question
2006 chrysler 300 shift probems
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Chrysler
7/4/2016
Chrysler Mechanic: Dan, ASE Master Technician replied 1 year ago
Dan, ASE Master Technician

Hello my name is***** am a master tech, glad to help you out.

You could have a problem with the shift interlock solenoid or brake switch. Verify the brake lights are working with the key i the on position. If you had a scan tool you could go see if the brake switch in working. If you take apart the shifter you should be able to get at the shift interlock and manually put the car in neutral.

If you need more help, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service. You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question, this does not close out your question. Remember, in some cases it can be difficult to completely diagnose or help repair your vehicle without being there, but I try to give you the best possible answer with the information that I have.

Thanks Dan

Hello again Dan here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means it’s no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears you’re not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. Please use the 5 star rating system at the top of the screen, it would be appreciated. If you feel the need to rate less than 3 stars, please let me know why and what I can do to help you more. I do not get compensated for my time unless you rate me.

Thanks Dan

Dan, ASE Master Technician