Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

My 2001 Limited PT Cruiser dashboard is cracked everywhere

Customer Question
from sun damage. I...
My 2001 Limited PT Cruiser dashboard is cracked everywhere from sun damage. I recently purchased a replacement from an ebay seller and it does not fit. Where can I find one that I know will fit? Is it difficult to replace? Can I do it myself?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Chrysler
7/3/2016
Chrysler Mechanic: Chris (aka - Moose), Technician replied 1 year ago
Chris (aka - Moose)

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

Have you checked at http://www.car-parts.com or at http://www.LKQ.com ?

Yes replacing a dash is difficult there are alot of bolts, screws, nuts, electrical connectors, and sensitive electronics.

Some people can do this job at home, but I would need to know your skill level to say yes or no on can you do this. Removing a dash for some is just about as hard as removing an engine.

If you're confused on what to do now. You have already been charged the full question value. It's now time to compensate the tech that helped you. The only way I can continue to work here and help customers is by getting rated. If you're not pleased yet or plan not to rate me. Let me know so I can help more, close the post, or opt out. Please let me know if you're pleased with my help.

Thanks Moose.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hey Moose,
Thanks for your reply.
I'm trying to do this myself.
I have 3 kids in college and my ex is no help.
I am pretty handy.
Dashboard remind me of a Tupperware replacement on the PT Cruiser.
I am simply looking a replacement for my dashboard.
I truly appreciate any help you can provide
Kath

Did you look over the websites I posted for places to buy a replacement dash?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I did. I have sent them requests.
Thanks. Where is your 510 area code?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Giving up on me?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I've paid for your services. Are you able to help me?

How can I assist you more?

I do not know what the area code has to do with "where can I buy a dash"

510 area code is for

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I grew up in your neck of the woods.
If you can help me find the dashboard I seeking for my 2001 Limited PT Cruiser, you will make my day!

I live in TN.

If you give me your zip code I can use the link I provided earlier and find cars in junkyards in your area for you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
92629 Thanks

Here are 3 within 1000 miles of your location, some may even ship the part so you can search for others farther away if needed.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/dashpad.png

Are you needing anymore assistance from me on this concern or are you pleased with my help?

Hello again Chris here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears you're not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. I have the option to call you if that would be better.

Thanks Chris

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
HI Moose,
I purchased a dashboard cover on ebay for my 2001 PT Cruiser. It is too large. I was told JC Whitney has one that fits over the existing one. Very frustrated and I truly appreciate your help. Thanks,
Kathy

Your welcome Kathy. It appears they sent you the wrong year model dash cover.

Are you pleased with my help?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Can you help me find a 2001 PT Cruiser dash board replacement?

Did you try the sources I sent to you on the 3rd?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I tried and get an error message.

www.car-parts.com

www.LKQ.com

Are you needing any more help on this concern?

Are you pleased with my help?

Chris (aka - Moose)
Chris (aka - Moose)
Chris (aka - Moose), Technician