Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

The audible voice warning stopped working on our 06 town and

Customer Question
country. The mil light came...
The audible voice warning stopped working on our 06 town and country. The mil light came on and gave a code for the upstream O2 sensor. I'm not sure if there is some connection or just a coinsidence. The PS indicator light is also on.
JA: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?
Customer: PO133
JA: I'll pass this info along to the Chrysler Mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. What is the model/year of your Chrysler?
Customer: 06 town and country limited
JA: What year is your Chrysler?
Customer: 2006
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I do some auto work but I am not familiar with model. So if it is somthing I can handle I will do it. I am researching it to get a starting point
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: It is running a little rough at low RPM. I am assuming that is due to the error in the O2 sensor. Those are the only issues.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Chrysler
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I meant the reverse audible warning.
7/3/2016
Chrysler Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If the park assist system still works but does not sound then it would require replacement of the display, the chime is integral to the display.

P0133 is for slow response from the upstream oxygen sensor. This could be the sensor itself, an exhaust leak, fuel contamination or an engine related issue. Odds are the problem is the sensor itself.

Has anything been done to try to repair the problem?
Did the problem start after any work was done?

sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician