sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

My top on my chrysler 200 c 2013 wont' go up. Says

Customer Question

My top on my chrysler 200 c 2013 wont' go up. Says malfunction
JA: What is the model of your '13 Chrysler?
Customer: 200c
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: just the button
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: it's been fine up til now
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If you're seeing a top malfunction message it's because the power top control module has seen a problem somewhere in the system and has set a fault code. The module watches a series of microswitches that monitor the state of each component. If it sees a component in the incorrect state then it will suspend operation.

The problem may be a handful of things including a mechanical problem preventing movement of components, wiring, or it may be a failed switch. If no visible problems with top components can be seen then the next step will be to use a scan tool to see what fault codes are setting and testing can be done from there.