Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

1999 300 air bag light stay on horn will not blow. No codes came up. 99 300. 1999...

Customer Question
1999 300 air bag light...
1999 300 air bag light stay on horn will not blow.
JA: Have you checked the codes? Is anything interfering with the seatbelt switch?
Customer: Yes no codes came up
JA: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?
Customer: 99 300
JA: What year is your Chrysler?
Customer: 1999
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Check with hand held
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: That it
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Chrysler
6/27/2016
Chrysler Mechanic: bill, chrysler master tech replied 1 year ago
bill
bill, chrysler master tech

if the air bag light is on there IS a code, if you only did the "key dance" or used a generic code reader you DID NOT access the air bag system , that requires a different code reader one that has the ability to access the SRS (air bag system)

however if the horn is not working does the cruise control work?

if not it MAY point me in a direction

Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Aftermarket & Factory Electronics