Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years
1609972

04 crossfire----approx 70 mph a beeping sound something with

Customer Question

04 crossfire----approx 70 mph a beeping sound something with spoiler???
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you

if there is an issue with spoiler the alarm will beep ,telling you there is an issue with it, it will do that supposedly per manufacturer's manual at 62 632 mph when spoiler supposed to deploy so if sensed a fault it will beep , but i will differ on mph between cars, depending on the speedo calibration

is your spoiler working?

let me know

Thank You ***** ( aka -Customer)

ASE Certified Tech

now there is a function in IC (instrument cluster for speed alarm ) but that is something you can turn on and off)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Spoiler is OK What is function on IC?

The function off the IC ( instrument Cluster ) it is the display in dash , speed, rpm , warning lights etc

i wonder since spoiler is working, if some how you set a speed alarm in the cluster to go off around 70 mph

chad

the function is you can set an alarm at any speed you want to go off to warn you that you reached that speed you set

do you have the owners manual ?

how many miles on car

by the way any check engine lights or warning lights on

anything weird happening that you noticed if any

please let me know

thanks

chad(aka - (Jhook1398)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Its an 04 with only 2000 mi.per odometer and carfax report. I just purchased a mo. ago. Check engine lite came on and I reset by resetting trip meter. Has not come back on. Have owners man. but see nothing about setting speed alarm. Can you be more specific re: resetting or turning this off?

2000 miles , wow , that is low milage , should nothing be wrong with it

let me see what i have on it, AND this is also if your car is equipped with it ?

can you provide me with VIN# ***** i can confirm for you ?

can you have it scanned at advance or auto zone , the scanner should pick up what we call pending fault codes, these are codes waiting to come on, just waiting for the fault to occur for so many times before the pcm decides , we have a problem and set a check engine light on dash , just so we are sure .

let me know

Thanks

Chad(aka -Jhook1398)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
VIN#1C3AN69LX4X019582 Forgot to mention tire pressure warning lite on,but I can live with that for now. Will replace tire sensor with new tires in future.

ok great , it will be a little later to get this info for you but i will post back by this evening if that is okay with you

and one last question, the beeping occurs each time you hit 70 mph , not intermittently sometimes it does sometimes it does not ? correct

yea that is no big ,deal, give you advice these sensors never work right, sometimes at my shop we change all sensor and module for them to fail 30 days later, if not bothering you , let her go

Chad(aka -Customer

and the beeping is an internal to the cabin sound , coming probably from the instrument cluster or dash area , it is not the horn going off :)

i just want be sure , so i can be accurate for you

thanks