Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

I am having a problem locating a moles connection on a 2006

Customer Question
pt cruiser. It is located...
I am having a problem locating a moles connection on a 2006 pt cruiser. It is located in the center of the instrument cluster, and is a part of the same wiring harness as the clock and the window switches. It is a 2006 pt cruiser.
JA: Have you checked all the fuses? Do you have a wiring diagram?
Customer: Please help.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Nop
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Chrysler
6/26/2016
Chrysler Mechanic: Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner replied 1 year ago
Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.,

Im gonna need more information. Theres a lot of connectors. What connector are you looking for and why/?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Putting dash back together after evaporator coil replacement. The plug I'm referring to is one of three, one of which is for the clock, other for the power windows, the third we don't know.

OK give me a minute.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The wire colors are red/ brown, black, whit/blue, orange/white, white. Hope this helps

C104 in the attached diagram is the clock for reference. Is it one of these? If so let me know which.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Can u list out what each one of those are for?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I see the Antena, I have HVAC hooked up, I have the convertible roof hooked up...can you list the rest of them for me.

All I got on them is numbers which are already listed.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
We know what we have connected, we need to know what we don't.

And what you dont have connected is not listed on that diagram?

Want to give me a picture?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
If I saw the names I would know, I don't know them by numbers.

Did you see the diagram I attached? Because it calls out the number for each connector in that area.

If youre not seeing it let me know.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I texted you the colors, can you tell by the color code library it is?

What color code library?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The wire colors to the molex are red/brn, wht/blue, wht/org, white, and black. 5 wires. Same up top end of the harness as power window molex , and clock molex. It only will swing about the 6"radius from the top of the bezel.

If you arent willing to give me a picture or look at the picture I provided you I will opt out and see if another expert wants to guess at it. Just let me know.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It is bundled together with the clock one.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sure I can send you a picture.
Chrysler Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

I've been through the entire connector list in the service information and wasn't successful in finding this connector. It may be for an export model and the harness generic.

Have you gotten everything else back together to see if there are any warning lights or items not working?

sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician