Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

I have a 2002 town and country lx van. My tail lights and I

Customer Question
Hello JA: Hello. What is your...
Hello
JA: Hello. What is your issue regarding?
Customer: I have a 2002 town and country lx van. My tail lights and I cannot figure out where the problem is. Ive changed all the fuses, Bulbs and even the head light switch and the tail lights still wil not come on
JA: Have you located the fuse box? Do you know the fuse number?
Customer: yes ive changed all the fuses to brand new fuses
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Like i mentioned before I replaced all old fuses, light bulbs and the head light switch
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: all the other lights are working fine. The head lights, front and back signal lights/hazards and the break lights are all functioning correctly.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Chrysler
6/25/2016
Chrysler Mechanic: Amedee, Chrysler Technician replied 1 year ago
Amedee
Amedee, Chrysler Technician

Hello and welcome! My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question.

I have been in the auto repair business for many years and specialize in diagnosing vehicles with problems like this one you are describing. I am confident we can resolve your problem together provided you stick with me and run the necessary tests. Please understand that I don't know your skill level and that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going to do my best to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first to make this as simple as possibly for both of us. I just ask that you provide me with the all of the correct information up front and with the most accurate tests results as we move on so that I can point you in the right direction. I would also appreciate a positive rating from you in return for sharing my time and knowledge and expeirence with you in a timely mannner. Even if you rate my answer after the first few replies, we can still continue our conversation at no further cost to you. With that being said, lets get started.

I have been in the auto repair business for many years and specialize in diagnosing vehicles with problems like this one you are describing. I am confident we can resolve your problem together provided you stick with me and run the necessary tests. Please understand that I don't know your skill level and that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going to do my best to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first to make this as simple as possibly for both of us. I just ask that you provide me with the all of the correct information up front and with the most accurate tests results as we move on so that I can point you in the right direction. I would also appreciate a positive rating from you in return for sharing my time and knowledge and expeirence with you in a timely mannner. Even if you rate my answer after the first few replies, we can still continue our conversation at no further cost to you. With that being said, lets get started! Can I start by getting your VIN?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
2c8gp44382r571393
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I will run our and get a ground test light. I should be back in a few minutes

Do the brake lights work? How about the front parking lights?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Im sorry. I ran out to get a ground tester. Yes all the lights (headlights, Brake, signal/hazzard and reverse lights) work except for the tail/running lights. I replace all the fuses and the headlight switch as well.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I figured it out. Turns out it was a black relay switch that was bad. I actually found 2 of them were bad.

Excellent! I am glad to hear it is all fixed!

Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Aftermarket & Factory Electronics