Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

I'm having a problem with my anti theft system on my Sebring

Customer Question
Hi, I'm having a problem...
Hi, I'm having a problem with my anti theft system on my Sebring (2007) where the red light blinks before shutting off the car. Only way it will work is with the automatic start and even with that the car will not shift out of park until it is ready
JA: Do you have brake lights? Have any trouble codes popped up?
Customer: I have break lights and no codes have popped up
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I plan on getting the computer reset at the dealership this weekend. The shifting gears is what really confuses me. I took the counsel apart to see if the spring was still in place or needed to be repaired but that wasn't the problem
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: My car was fine until I placed a Progressive Snapshot in for insurance purposes. Then one by one everything started going. I had to replace the battery, etc. I have since removed the device and called the company only to be told that some cars are compatible. So I'm thinking the device is the reason for everything.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Chrysler
6/24/2016
Chrysler Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 1 year ago
Pete, Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

I have seen devices like this plugged into the DLC connection cause issues internally in some computers which can cause electrical issues.If you have not had the fault codes checked with a fully compatible scan tool that can read all computers in your model this needs done.If any codes are set the codes need diagnosed to locate and repair this issue here.You may have a damaged control unit/ecu in the vehicle needing replaced and if this is the case I would ask Progressive if they would cover the costs if you can provide proof they damaged it with their device.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Technician