Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

Pacifica wont start think it has load on batt maybe ignition

Customer Question
or cylinder? JA: Does the engine...
pacifica wont start think it has load on batt maybe ignition or cylinder?
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: no
JA: What year is your Pacifica?
Customer: tried other batt
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: fresh batt seems strong in interer lights windows and such at first inst panel lights up but no starter. Then soon it drain battery. recharged batt and tried other good batt.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Chrysler
6/19/2016
Chrysler Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems replied 1 year ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you

how many miles on vehicle

is there a security light on the dash flashing on or steady on or its is off , while you try to start it

does the lights dim down inside dash or interior light dims down while you trying start it ?

let me know thanks

Chad

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi I'm Mike, 1st its not the battery! When I first tried to start it all the instruments came on full power window good power everything seemed normal except no start it has 108k miles after I tried and left it it drained batt. completely in 1 hour I hear a relay clicking in box in engine comp. Tried other batt 1st time all inst lights came on but no start now the instrument panel lights are out except the mileage and the PRND. Sorry I type slow
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Absolute nothing when I try to start

Hey mike

its okay i write slow too, ok , but no security light on dash flashing ?

do you have a test light and did we check all fuse , inside and outside boxes

is it a 3.5 or 3.8 liter

there is one next to it for the rear defogger , it look like it , that want effect start up so u can use it and try

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
its a 3.5 I did check fuses they all seem fine I also swapped relays I think it was the accesory relay that was clicking but only in beginning hasn't don that since.........also there was a clicking noise that I could feel in the shifter in the park position a few times a couple of months ago does this have to do with any thing tha wont let it start
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
does my key cylinder
have a chip?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no security light also sry

let me look the wiring diagrams for it

there is a problem with all chrysler pacifica , 300 etc with igntion switch but we have to check not always the case , usual the security light will be on and you will have nothing no crank at all and full power .

what i like to know if we are getting juice to the starter at the time of the switch been on the position ,like one person test light on starter and one person trying to start is power getting there , or we loosing at the switch ? can you do that ?

and is possible to scan and retrieve codes and let have the codes , they will be some stored in there im sure , but not a scanner from advance that only reads engine codes, i need one reads body control module codes .

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the only thing coming on is the beeping when I open door, the little door open sign, the mileage and the PRND

if you are getting the correct power and ground to it and it not sending signal out and the alarm is not on ( a scanner can verify that ) then this issue will be here,

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
This will take a while have to start checking get back in an hour or so ty
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
thx for the diagrams

that is not a problem , your situation is a little different causing have to trouble shoot since we can say that is it , , if you willing to do the checking I will be happy to help you

this post will stay open even after you rate me , sometime u have to get parts and come back in a day or 2 ,that is normal, you just come back to post and reply and i will see it , i usualy respond quickly on weekend and nights ,during day , i have a shop , might be a little slower , but usualy within 30 or an hr and i respond back

I can help you with diagrams, what ever i have available and also trouble shoot

A Positive rating is Much Aprecciated

This Post Will Stay Open for you to Come Back And Ask Me Any Follow Up Questions You May have On This Issue Even after You Rate Me

Thank You

Chad Farhat ( aka -Customer)

Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat