Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic Vehicles .
45790705

My 06 Sebring convertible is having issues with the heat/ac

Customer Question

My 06 Sebring convertible is having issues with the heat/ac mode. The fan speed dial works fine, as does the tempurature dial. But the mode dial will no longer control where the heat/ac blows from. It will randomly change throughout the time it's operating, and can self-adjust when hitting a bump in the road or pressing the brake/accelerator too hard.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you

Possibility and parts need checking

1- you have a defective a/c control module

2- blend door actuator that the module control ( you have 3 of them but you problem should in the mode actuator motor one i send you a picture location of it

3- or a broken blend door that the actuator actuel move inside the box to change the direction of flow

I will help you with it , you can check all this by scanner , if you dont have one , you can go thru the dash and physicaly check and test light to check for popwer and ground and also pull the a/c control and look at back of connector for burned or hot spot

let me know

Thank You ***** ( aka -Customer)

ASE Certified Tech

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not have an automatic heater in my car. As I started in my original question, I have the separate dial control knobs that individually adust fan speed (left), temp (center), and mode (right). The right mode dial is the only one that doesn't function properly. Does this change anything in the suggestions you provided? I do not want to waste time/money attempting to repair an automatic control panel system when I clearly stated that I have a 3-dial unit.

ok let me see the difference and i let u know , im sorry i didn see where you said manual controls, but let me look if it does

you have this one

2006 Chrysler Sebring Convertible L4-2.4L VIN X Save Article Select Print Option Complete Article Text Only Image(s) Only A/C HEATER CONTROLDESCRIPTION
Both the manual temperature control (MTC) and the automatic temperature control (ATC) heating-A/C systems use electrical controls. These controls provide the vehicle operator with a number of setting options to help control the climate and comfort within the vehicle.

these procedure i gave does not change

above is the description of how they operate you still have all the components i mentioned one is auto one is manual control .

let me know if you need anything else

hope that answers your question .

Thank You

Chad Farhat ( aka -Customer)

ASE Certified Tech

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here is my exact unit:

yes that is the one ,I have changed more of the units in my shop that i can remember , they just fail, but you have to do the checking i mentioned above

get one from local junk yard and return it ,most give 30 days warranty if it doesnt work , u can take apart some time and see any burned spots, but here in sc , i can buy them for $35 used

on ebay if you want new be cheapest

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks!

get a test light check for power to actuator first make sure u have power , then listen inside the cab for noises from dash indicating a broke gear of actuator ,

the a/c unit head will be hard to check if you dont have proper equipment , we just changed if old and we know it is common problem if the other stuff checked out

Hope I was helpfull to you ,Let me know if you need anything else on it

A Positive rating is Much Aprecciated

This Post Will Stay Open for you to Come Back And Ask Me Any Follow Up Questions You May have On This Issue Even after You Rate Me

Thank You

Chad Farhat ( aka -Customer)

if you want to check for ground you put your test light lead connector on positive side of battery terminal so anything u touch if it lights up You have found ground

you hook up the test light lead connector to negative side of battery then when u touch anything and lights up you found voltage or power :)

good luck

let me know

Chad(akaCustomer