Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

What happens to car operation if oil sensor is not replace. Oil was change two weeks ago.

Customer Question
What happens to car operation...
What happens to car operation if oil sensor is not replace.
JA: When was your last oil change? How many miles are on the car?
Customer: Oil was change two weeks ago. The chysler 300 has 182547 miles
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The oil light kept coming on, then after traveling about 130 miles the car lost power, water came from the car the temperature gauge did not show hot, instead it dropped all the way to the cool Mark, car refused to crank.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: No
JA: OK! The Chrysler Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else important you think the Chrysler Mechanic should know about your Chrysler?
Customer: Not at this time, just need to know what is going on!
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Chrysler
6/13/2016
Chrysler Mechanic: Matt, Engineer replied 1 year ago
Matt, Engineer

Hello

the oil light is there to show low oil pressure (sub 5psi) and unless the sensor is faulty then its very damaging to the engine to drive along with the engien like this as low pressure will destroy the engine beyond economical repair

if its now dropped its water and no longer cranks as well then I'm sorry to say that it sounds like a new unit will be required

Hi

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you

Matt, Engineer