Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

Here my drivers side window is down will not go up or down

Customer Question
Hi Pearl, Dean here my...
Hi Pearl, Dean here my drivers side window is down will not go up or down there also is no power to the mirror switch
JA: Have you checked the fuses?
Customer: sorry 2009 chrysler T&C
JA: What is the model of your '09 Chrysler?
Customer: T&C Touring
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: just checked the fuses, how do you check those funny looking ones
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: worked fine this morning
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Chrysler
6/11/2016
Chrysler Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 1 year ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

Ok, so the driver side window is not working and the mirror is not working either. Which wires did you test on the mirror switch to conclude that there is no power to it

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i haven't just checked the fuses they seem fine

HI,

Ok, you had stated that there was not power to the mirror switch which implies testing for power.

Ok, do you have a voltmeter for testing?

HI,

Ok, lets start with the window. Use a pry tool such as a small screwdriver or even a butter knife with the end taped to prevent damaging the finish and pry the switch up and out of the door trim.

Now, remove the connectors to it. I need to know if the connectors or 8 cavities, 10 cavities, 12, cavities or 14 cavities

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok there a small plug with 3 wires and then a larger connector 14 cavities but nothing going to it. also door light not lit and the rear wing windows work

Ok, so if I am understanding correctly, there are only 3 wires going to the main switch at the driver's door, correct?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
only a small connector orange, green w/purple stripe, and green

HI,

Ok, there should be wires going to the 14 cavity connector.

did this problem just start or did you just buy the vehicle and note that these functions were not working?

Take a flashlight and look into the opening where the switch was and see if you can see any dangling wiring connector or loose wires

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
we've had the car for a couple years, and the problem just started this morning no other problems thats why i thought fuse and i've looked with a flashlight i don't see another connector

HI,

Ok, I will need to opt out as obviously my diagrams dont match your vehicle. If another expert has the correct diagrams they will reply here to you. Sorry about that

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no problem i've done alot of electronics this switch defies everything i understand, i mean theres a place for a 14 cavity plug but nothing sticking up for the female to connect to wierd
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
thank you Eric, should i wait online?
Chrysler Mechanic: Master Auto Tech., master tech. replied 1 year ago
Master Auto Tech.
Master Auto Tech., master tech.
I'm sorry you are having problems with your vehicle. I will try to help.I'm a full time mechanic and have been a mechanic for over 20 yrs and I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and others repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as neeed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there.Ok so it sounds like you will have to remove the door panel as the 14 wire plug fell off and down into the door.Can you do that and let me know what you find?Thanks
Sonny
Do you still want help with this problem?
Are you still requiring assistance?
Master Auto Tech.
Master Auto Tech.
Master Auto Tech., master tech.