Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser w/ 250000+ miles was running fine one day and later that same day upon start up the engine...

Customer Question
2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser w/...
2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser w/ 250000+ miles was running fine one day and later that same day upon start up the engine is shaking violently in park and in gear. There is also the sound of what seems to be a belt squealing during the vibration. In the last two days I have had the oil changed, wheel rotation and balance, and shocks and struts replaced.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Chrysler
6/10/2016
Chrysler Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

I would start first with having the computer system scanned to see if there are any fault code setting as well as looking to see if the engine is firing on all cylinders. If you find the engine is not running on all cylinders remove the spark plugs and run a compression test. Post back with the results and we can work from there to see if we can help you get this resolved.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you

Let me know what you find and we can work from there.

Ron, ASE Certified Technician