Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

I am looking two secondary air injector relay sensors

Customer Question
I am looking for the...
I am looking for the two secondary air injector relay sensors for a sebring 2010
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Chrysler
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/7/2016
Chrysler Mechanic: bill, chrysler master tech replied 1 year ago
bill
bill, chrysler master tech

are you looking to buy these parts or locate their location in the car?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Both. I no nothing about cars. My brother is too busy to do the research. He did replace one of the sensors. the one close to the pump.

we don't sell parts here i can look at a few online stores for you but will need the exact part you're looking for, your vin and your zip to see if anyone close to you have the part but you just may be looking at the dealer for these unique parts

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok, will get that info when I get home. Thank you. I also need to know where the part is located. That seemed to be an issue for my brother

ok

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Good morning Bill. I am sorry I didnt get back to you yesterday. I do have the info you need so that you can help me.ChryslerSebring 2010Body Type Model 4D
Vin # *****
My zip code is 95341 Merced, California

thanks but i need a little more detail there is only 1 sensor on the air injection system that,s the mass airflow sensor there are 2 relays and a check valve as well as the pump itself, i can help far better if i actually know the part name and even better the problem (fault codes are a huge help)

i have enclosed a link to the parts diagram for the air injection system for you to look over, it usually helps to look at the diagram so you can see the actual part name, once i know the EXACT parts you're looking for i can help much more

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have the codes. P2441
P0418. Please bare with me.

no problem as long as you promise the same with me :)

remember i am here to help so i may ask for more detail so i can give the best service i can

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No problem. Im going to send the diagram to my brother and see which part he bought and changed.

the first code p2441 is the air pump valve part 6 in the diagram stuck closed ( the computer does NOT "see" the air flowing from the air pump when it activates the pump) the valve is common in frosty crazy new england where i am located BUT in nice warm cali where you are i would look for any blockage in the tube as well

the second code P0418 is the control circuit for th eair pump, here in new england the pumps get corroded and freeze from the brine we use to get the snow off the roads, i would look at this code FIRST as it can mean a dead air pump which CAN cause the first code to set.

if your brother wants i can send along the diagnostic procedures for the 2 codes.

IF you end up needing a pump chrysler wants the control relays replaced as well this is because a dead air pump can burn the relays out

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you, ***** ***** would appreciate the diagnostic procedures for the 2 codes. I hope this is a start.

no problem please advise your brother to do the P0418 FIRST

now the procedures do reference using a scan tool to actuate the air pump if he doesn't have one he may be able to rent one from some of the larger parts stores in your area, each area is different and their rules are based on the clientele they have coming in.

the links are below and in pdf format please download them asap and save or print the documents as they are only up a few days

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cozfu9ede51g5x8/p0418.pdf?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/87k3bgd6l5plqp0/p2441.pdf?dl=0

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you, ***** ***** seeing my brother tomorrow. I hope this helps him out.

ok let me know if he needs any more assistance once i know what he is looking for i can research the availability

Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Aftermarket & Factory Electronics