Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

Chrysler: 2005 chrysler 300, car will not start, will not turn

Customer Question
2005 chrysler 300, car will...
2005 chrysler 300, car will not start, will not turn over.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Chrysler
5/18/2016
Chrysler Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems replied 1 year ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems
Hi, do you have a security light flashing ,constant or off on dash board?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No lights are flashing on the dash board
These have 2 common problems when no start no crank . battery u said u checked and then u have ignition switch security signal .Checking the battery is tricky in this car too many systems need power so usually if the battery is over 5 yrs old it will start to act up sometimes it cranks sometimes not ,they need a the same cranking amp battery to go back in it when you replace it,usually its to expensive ad people go with a cheaper that will fit but might give you issues like this
Do you a jump box like a charger , try cranking it with additional power from another battery and see if that makes a difference if not let me know there is other stuff we can check
at the moment you are trying to crank it if u look at dashboard instruments what happens to them to stay lit or they go off at that moment ?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
You don't give me a warm and fuzzy when your photo is upside down. I took the battery out to go get it checked out and they said the battery was ok, but it is over 5 years old. Now I can't get back in the trunk. Any ideals?
sorry about the photo I updated it but it has updated in the system yet :). you cant get in trunk because no power correct ?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
That is correct
If that is the case you should be able to remove the rear seat or if yours has an access hole where the rear arm rest is , u need like a long hook but u should be able to go thru there and pull on the manual emergency handle from inside the trunk it will have like a yellow or green handle with a wire attach to it usually and that should pop trunk open .
another option under the hood where the fuse box is u will see a positive batter terminal maybe with a red cover on it, if u have jump box u can hook the positive there and the black cable (ground) hook it up to the frame of the vehicle and that should give u enough power to pop the trunk using the button on inside of the vehicle .
Hope I was helpful , A 5 Star service is appreciated. Please let us know if u need anything in the future .Thank you
Chrysler Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!Do you still need help?
sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician