Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

Chrysler Sebring Touring: I have a 2010 Sebring that the cruise

Customer Question
I have a 2010 Sebring...
I have a 2010 Sebring that the cruise control shuts off at 72 MPH. Turn it on but do not set it, accelerate to 72 and it goes off. Set it at 70 and it will hold the speed until you go over an overpass or down a hill where it can gain speed and at 72 it will go off. Slow down and you can turn back on.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Chrysler
5/16/2016
Chrysler Mechanic: Lou P, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Lou P
Lou P, ASE Certified Technician
Hello, i am looking over your info to see how i can assist, i will reply back soon. Lou P.
ok i do not find anything in the service info that stated there is a speed limiter or not, also there are no bulletins you will need to have a scan tool hooked up to the car to see if there are any codes in the system. there are no parts i can suggest to replace or test at this time. i will opt out to see if another expert can assist better , Lou P.
Chrysler Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!When cruise control shuts off at a certain speed like yours is it is most often due to a tire circumference difference. If the ABS module sees enough difference in wheel speed then it will disable cruise.The first step in diagnosing the issue is to see if any fault codes are setting. Have you checked for codes?
sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician