How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Pete Your Own Question
Pete, Technician
Category: Chrysler
Satisfied Customers: 28262
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
Type Your Chrysler Question Here...
Pete is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

2001 chrysler 300m I have a leak coming from the oil cooler

Customer Question

2001 chrysler 300m I have a leak coming from the oil cooler valve. Between the fitting and the valve. Is there any o-ring that can be replaced. thanks
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Chrysler. The Chrysler Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I changed out the oil cooler line. It was leaking at the compression fitting between the steel and rubber line. After that now I have a leak coming from the swivel area in the oil cooler valve.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: just got the valve out.
JA: Is there anything else the Chrysler Mechanic should be aware of about your Chrysler?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. On some models there is a seal that can be replaced and on others the entire cooler may need replaced.If you can take a picture of this leak and component I can see if I can locate what needs done for sure to correct this here just let me know. Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for the delay. I didn't realize my question had went thru. The adds for signing up for a monthly and free trial took over my computer. Really ticked me off. My question is in regards ***** ***** oil cooler valve ( their may be a different name for it) sort of tee shaped with the oil pressure sending unit screwed into it and hooks to the oil line going to the radiator. Just trying to find out if it's servicable or can be removed and bypassed.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Is there any way you can take a picture of this and upload it here at all?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I can"t. Not to be rude but this really isn't a complicated thing to find out. I"ve found it several times on the internet since I tried to get an answer thru this site. Thanks.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately this is all of the info I have on this here myself.I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.Thanks Pete