Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

Mike , How are you ? I am back again with the Chrysler

Customer Question
Hi Mike , How are you...
Hi Mike ,
How are you ?
I am back again with the Chrysler Concorde 1995 . 3.5
Last time we spoke the car was far away from me.
today i have the car and want you to help me fix it.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Chrysler
5/10/2016
Chrysler Mechanic: Mike S., ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Mike S.
Mike S., ASE Certified Technician
Does the fan turn off after you remove that a/c clutch relay?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
let me do it and see
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i just check it...
i just removed the relay and the fan still runny...
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
are you there ?
Yeah, I am here. Now I have to read that other post to figure out where I was. Give me a second.
Ok, I see the cooling fan runs all the time. Let me get that wiring diagram again and take a look at it.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OK
Here is the diagram,Now remove the high speed relay and low speed relay one at a time to find out if it's the low speed fan motor or the high speed that keeps running.
Then which ever one you pull allows the fan to stop, try replacing that relay with a brand new relay.
Then if a new relay don't fix it, you may want to suspect the temperature sensor or the pcm. If the check engine light is remaining on past bulb check though, retrieve that code cause it may just point to what is wrong,.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OK...
Do i need to put back the clutch relay to do all that ?
No, just leave it out for now, cause the fan is already running and we want to eliminate that and it's circuit for right now.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i just check it is the High speed fan running all the time..
I scan it
i am get the code 33,34, 35,55
Ok does it shut off if you remove the high speed fan relay?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
yess
You had 33 and 34 before so the 35 and 55 are new, correct?The 33 was for A/C CLUTCH RELAY CIRCUIT or A/C PRESSURE SENSOR VOLTS TOO LOW, A/C PRESSURE SENSOR VOLTS TOO HIGH.That is why I had you remove that a/c relay.34 is for I don't have right now.35 is for HIGH SPEED FAN CTRL RELAY CIRCUIT or LOW SPEED FAN CTRL RELAY CIRCUIT.55 is for I don't have that one either yet ,but replace that high speed relay and try that.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok .. in the repair manual book the code 34 concern the speed control Solenoid circuit...An open or shorted condition detected in the speed control vacuum or vent solenoid circuits. and 55 is just the end of the scanning
I don't know where the speed control solenoid circuit is...
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i am still here
Can you tell me what is Speed Control solenoid circuit ?
Does the fan stop running now?I don't know what a "Speed Control solenoid" is.Actron says code 34 refers to an Idle Switch Short.https://actron.com/code-lookup
Did it happen to say the word "idle" in front of "Speed Control solenoid"?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok... i will change the high speed fan relay and see
have a blessed night
Don't forget to rate me well, so I get credit for my time if that fixes it. As you know, this is the second post and I didn't get anything from that first post.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi Mike ,
I just replace the high speed fan relay... but the problem still doing the same
I suspect you may have a short in that wire from the high speed fan relay to the pcm, so disconnect the dark blue/pink wire at pin 31 of the pcm and see if the fan shuts off now. If not, the wire is shorted, if it does shut off then the pcm is grounding the circuit and it could be from a signal from the temperature sensor, so if so let me know and either replace it or disconnect it, and plug the pcm back in and see if the fan shuts off now. Depending on what type of sensor/sender that is you may have to either just disconnect it or ground it but let me know first what happens when you disconnect that wire at the pcm, or just disconnect the plug at the pcm on which that wire is at.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok
Any news?
Did that answer your question? If so, kindly leave me a positive rating, so I get credit. If you have any more questions, go ahead and ask.
This is twice now I have gotten no credit.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi Mike ,
i am still working on the car.
I am not a mecanic... so understand me.
i didnt try your last recommandation... because i was at work.
to disconnect the wire you are talking about i have to remove the batter to have access to the PCM...
So i am waiting maybe this week end to pay you and have you on the phone.
I think that will be better.
Ok, no problem, it's just that when I asked "any news" I got no answer before.
Mike S.
Mike S.
Mike S., ASE Certified Technician