bill
bill, chrysler master tech
Experience:  25 years with chrysler drivability and electrical expert
5203640

I bought a 2008 Chrysler Sebring last month and found

Customer Question

Hello, I bought a 2008 Chrysler Sebring last month and found out after that the factory radio in the car isn't original to the car and the original radio didn't have the sirius xm button, this one does. I've pulled the radio out and see that there are plug-ins in the back. What can I do? Carla
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Chrysler. The Chrysler Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I am. I am pretty handy and I would like to save money if possible.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I went to best buy and they wanted to charge me $400.00 to put in an after market radio.
JA: No, I use streaming services like Pandora.
Customer: Our family has a sirius account and I'm hooked on it. I feel like all it needs is an antenna or something plugged in, in the back.
JA: Is there anything else the Chrysler Mechanic should be aware of about your Chrysler?
Customer: Not that I know of
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  bill replied 1 year ago.
if you want the satellite you will need to purchase and run the factory satellite antenna and satellite antenna cable which can be as much as an aftermarket radio now SOME vehicles may have the antenna cable already there (higher end optioned ones) it will have a mustard colored end if you did not see this cable end behind the radio then you will need the correct cable and antenna to activate the satellite radio you MAY need to have a dealer install the satellite radio option in your vehicle as well
Expert:  bill replied 1 year ago.
following up to see if you had any more questions or needed more info, if you don't please remember this site is on the honor system once you are satisfied with the service you rate it, you have already paid to use the site all a rating does is allow the expert to be paid for his time and that comes out of the fee you paid to use the service