bill
bill, chrysler master tech
Experience:  25 years with chrysler drivability and electrical expert
5203640

My 2011 town and country backup camera works sometimes. 95%

Customer Question

My 2011 town and country backup camera works sometimes. 95% of the time it doesn't. During the time it isn't working, the radio screen is black and says "check surrounding areas" and if something is in the way it will beep. But I can not see the display. Taillights all work in the back.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  bill replied 1 year ago.
99 times out of a 100 this is a failed camera, and the camera must be replaced, the other 1 percent it would be wiring in the tailgate, this si normally NOT a radio problem,what's your skill level, with your vin i can send along the directions on camera replacement, it's not super difficult but will take an hour or 2 as you have to remove the rear tailgate panel which is a bit "fiddly"
Expert:  bill replied 1 year ago.
following up to see if you have any further questions or need any further info if not please remember this site is on the honor system once you are satisfied with the service you rate it, you have already paid to use the site all a rating does is allow the expert to be paid for his time and that comes out of the fee you paid to use the service